Coaching is an intentional, ongoing relationship that empowers you to realize your full potential, living and leading with purpose, confidence, courage and joy.
Just like a greenhouse is a perfect environment for a plant to grow – a coaching relationship provides the perfect environment for personal and ministry growth. There’s nothing more powerful than someone who accepts you unconditionally, believes in your potential, actively listens to you, and works diligently for your success.
The coaching process involves exploring where you are and creating a map to where you want to be. We believe, quite simply, that you are capable of solving your own problems. Your insight is ten times more powerful than our advice. Coaches are skilled at intuitively listening, asking powerful questions, defining goals, helping you develop relevant action plans, and providing the accountability and support for you to succeed.
So, in terms of your ministry, or your personal life, what’s important to you? What are your dreams? What would it feel like to live at your full potential?
Where are you stuck? What has to change? Where do you want to be a year from now? What would it look like if you were fully alive? When would you like to begin?
- A coach is not a consultant, a subject matter expert who advises and solves problems.
- A coach is not a teacher, who instructs using a set curriculum.
- A coach is not a mentor, someone who is necessarily older, wiser and further along the journey.
- A coach is not a counselor, who helps a coachee “look back” in hopes of bringing healing in areas that are keeping one from moving forward. Coaching always has a forward trajectory.
- A coach serves as a highly competent friend and ally, someone who lives a life worthy of emulation, demonstrates success in all of life, and shows a high level of discernment. A good coach always demonstrates the appropriate character, asks the appropriate questions, and provides the appropriate encouragement and accountability for the coachee to succeed.
Our Core Four coaching outline includes working through a Life Plan, a Ministry Vision, a Ministry Plan and Priority Management. Normally the time needed is 12 months.
Fees for LEAD Coaching are $150 per month, plus an additional $100 one-time fee for testing questionnaires.*
* If the financial consideration is a barrier preventing you from engaging in and benefitting from this experience, please contact Ed Boschman or your District Minister to facilitate subsidy for you.
LEAD Coaching is facilitated through trained MB coaches who serve a pastor or church leader as a life-on-life coach for an agreed upon term. LEAD Coaches are trained to utilize Building Champion’s Core Four system for coaching consisting of a Life Plan, Ministry Vision, Ministry Plan and Priority Management.
Coaching is available to both local church staff and lay leaders, and to women and men alike.
We are grateful that former USMB Executive Director Ed Boschman has agreed to serve as Head Coach for our USMB LEAD Coaching initiative. His role is to give leadership to our national cadre of 9 trained LEAD Coaches and to help facilitate connections between our pastors and those coaches. Ed himself is also available to do some coaching.
For more information contact Ed Boschman at email@example.com or call 661-549-6021.
Print a full-color printable brochure is available.